Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forgive me for being winded. It's been awhile!



I find it hard to make time for the internet these days. I have so very little time for myself that I decide I'd much rather be catching up on my sleep than spending time online. I'd like to thank everyone who has been there for me in these past couple of months, you know who you are. I wouldn't trade any of my life for the world, but I have to admit that having two children has tried my patience. One of the craziest memories that I've had lately was almost breaking down in the kitchen minutes before my knight in shining armour would be getting home from work. Bryson decided it was just about time to get some attention. I tried to be the 1950's wife I've always wanted to be, by having the house clean, dinner on the table and dressed with makeup on for the day- all before Branden had made it home. My children were there to remind me that that isn't always possible. While I was in the middle of getting ready I realized with all my back and forth between getting a snack & show for Bryson, and Kayla needing my constant attention that dinner needed to get started. So rather than finishing my makeup I headed toward the kitchen. (What was I thinking?) Well, that was when the drama started. I sat Kayla down for just a moment before I realized she wasn't about to let me step away for even a moment. That was Bryson's cue to go into hysterics. All while I had just started preparing the meal, was I at a stopping point? no... but what's that anymore? I was kneeling on the kitchen floor with a hysterical baby, and Bryson fighting for attention sobbing and hanging on to me for dear life. Rather than start balling myself I mustar all my 'mom strength' to try and pick up both kids without dropping anything or anyone. We headed for the recliner and somehow I was able sit us all down and I just started singing hymns to my kids. Within a ten minutes my kids had calmed down, I made it past the tears... and realized no chore is more important than those two kids in my arms. Moments later Branden came home to rescue me. (Now that I think of it, I my have cried when he finally relieved me) But I can't forget how important it is for me to keep calm and remember how short this time is with my kids when they turn to me for comfort and love. I hope I never forget these little, irreplaceable moments.








Well, so much has changed in these last few months. Here are some pictures to go with it. Bryson absolutely adores Kayla. I hoped that would be how it was, but now I have to over protect her-- he loves her a little too aggressively.





5 comments:

Brittany Cornett said...

you are so good. when my first is crying that is when I turn on the TV and stick her in front of her favorite cartoon. Kayla looks beautiful. There is a playgroup that has some people from your ward and some people from my ward in it. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me it is usually on Tuesdays at 11am

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Oh Jamie! I had about 6 months of this same experience! It is not always fun, but like you said, you just have to hold those babies and live in that moment. The little ones grow up so fast! Thanks for updating~

TrishAnderson said...

I cried while I read your post. I remember those early days with my kids all too well and it brought back a flood of memories. You will get through it. I love that you sang the hymns to your kids. I bet that having you in the chair with those two kids on your lap when Branden got home was more precious than if you had been the 1950's wife that day. You are wonderful - just remember that!!

Porter and Karla said...

Oh that story was beautiful. be glad you dont have stairs. We go thru this same situation but have stairs to do down as well! you put it all into words so wonderfully from the 1950s type wife ( i knew there was a description of they way you and I are but could not place it) to describing how no task is more important than being the comfort your baby needs. I had a great time tonight thanks again for being my best friend! love you! p.s. i LOVE that picture of b on the swing on the side! and I agree with trish, you are WONDERFUL!

Jenn and Kylann said...

I think I would have just broken down. You're amazing, Jamie! I hope I can be that way when this little guy comes. Keep up the great work!